Sunday 7 April 2013

What to do when a PS3 game freezes while loading.

Hey guys, today I'm gonna be showing you different methods to fix the game load problem for the PS3, (which Ive been having for the last 2 months). A lot of the answers I got on the web didn't quite work out for me, so I made my own solutions. If you get this problem the chances are that all your games will be affected ( I don't know why but Assassins Creed II works perfectly for me, but other games like Uncharted 3, Gran Turismo 5, Assassins Creed: Revelations, Sports Champion 2 don't). I use a PS3 Slim 320GB.

 SYMPTONS:
  • The game disc icon doesn't come on the XMB menu.
  • Game freezes while initial loading.
  • All the attributes of the game doesn't come on screen (Once while I playing FIFA 12 all the surroundings disappeared and I was left with Rooney running around a white screen with an imaginary ball)    
 FIXES:
Method-1 :
This is like the first thing you will need to do if you ever have any problems with your PS3-
  1. Unplug all the connections ( HDMI, Power, Chargers ..etc)
  2. Keep in a well ventilated room for like 5-10 minutes.
  3. Vacuum all the air holes and get it dust-free.
This might not be the solution to all your problems but it may help (there's no pain in trying right).
 
Method-2
Trying out different disk types may help-
  1. First try inserting a regular CD. If it works go to the next step.
  2. Try a DVD movie. If this works then continue.
  3. Now try a BD disc or a Game disc. It should be working now.
If it still isn't working, it might be because the BD reader has burned out. (I don't recommend you trying to fix the BD reader on your own, send it to SONY they'll fix it for you)

Method-3
Some of the files on your Hard drive maybe damaged. To fix this you will need to enter into Safe Mode on the PS3 and restore the file system. To learn how to do this click here.

Method-4
This is the method I use for playing Uncharted 3 and Assassins Creed: Revelations. This one I figured out on my own and it has been working 100% -

Pressing the PS button at the initial loading of the game will make the XMB menu to show up and the game will continue loading and not freeze. When it finishes loading just press the PS button again to lose the menu.
All you have to do is to make sure that HDD indicator keeps blinking, if it stops while the game loads it means that the game has frozen.
If you found this helpful or if you have more solutions to this problem please tell me in the comments.

21 comments:

  1. Look all of my games are working but bo2
    Why ive tried everything
    Still no lick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a nice blog Thanks for sharing information Facebook keeps crashing

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is realy a Nice blog post read on of my blogs It is really helpful article please read it too my blog Facebook keep crashing you can visits our websites or toll free no +1-866-558-4555. solve your problem fastly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My ps3 kept frezing when i did evry thing that i had to do and it kept frezing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bo2 not working it keep frezing

    ReplyDelete
  6. But all of my ather games are that gay

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's truly nice! So here is an awesome converter which will work great for future work!

    File Converter Best

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cant get Formula 1 Championship Edition to load (anyone else?)
    It freezes the system every time.
    I'll try your suggestion

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello,...it freezes my menu

    ReplyDelete
  10. why wont bluray disk play or pop up.?

    ReplyDelete